This craft for kids is perfect for summer memories! If you have a special trip planned for this summer, you might be looking for a way for children to remember it well. Chances are while on your trip, you will come across postcards, shells, stones, pictures, and other fun items and objects to remind you of your adventures. Of course, you could always put a photo album together to document your trip, but why not try something more creative and hands on? Kids will love creating this vacation memory jar craft for kids to show all of the trinkets and treasures they brought back to remind them of this special adventure! Even if you are just going away for a day-long adventure or quick weekend, take a look below at how easy it is to make your own vacation memory jar. It is the perfect summer craft that documents your trip and allows kids to get hands on with their memories in a special way.
How to Make a Vacation Memory Jar Craft for Kids
A vacation memory jar is the ideal summer craft for kids and so easy on your budget. Take a look below how you can make one with your children this summer!
Affiliate links are included. Thanks for the support.
- Glass jar with lid. Just use a canning jar or leftover food jar.
- Scrap book paper
- String or dental floss.
- Your trip trinkets such as ticket stubs, sand, shells, rocks, greenery, pictures, postcards, etc.
- The best part about this craft for kids is, there really is no right or wrong way to do it. Use your supplies to create a scenery in your jar that showcases your special objects.
- The scrapbook paper can create your backdrop, and your string or floss can be used to hang objects down from the lid.
- Layer you objects in a pleasing way inside the jar and if you wish, secure with glue. This, of course, is optional, so if you prefer not to put glue on your objects, that is fine.
- When you are finished, secure your lid and display in a place in your home where the kids can visit it often, and guests can get an idea of your adventures!
Have your children each make their own jar, or you can get one large jar and do a family project. You can even create a shelf in your home that is dedicated to your vacation jars, showcasing your adventures over the years.
If you are looking for a fun and frugal summer craft for kids that the whole family can enjoy and does not require a lot of resources, this is a perfect choice. Don’t go on another trip without your vacation memory jar in mind as you will want to pick up little bits and pieces for your jar as you explore.
Enjoy creating vacation memories this summer, and creating these vacation memory jars after!