Are you looking for a great snack to fuel you and boost you while you study? These Minion Granola Bars will sure do the job. Bonus: they are fun to make. You can make them with your BFF. You can sure enjoy them together too. It requires some ingredients but I am sure mom will have them in the pantry. If not, head to the local grocery store with her to make sure you have everything you need. Or you can order most of the ingredients online. Now let’s see how you can make these energy bars.
Related: Best caramel apples
Minion Granola Bar recipe
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for the support.
Minion Granola Bar Recipe
Granola Bar Ingredients:
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy salted peanut butter
- 1/3 C pumpkin seeds,
- 1/3 C cranberries
- 1/3 C sunflower seeds w/ flax seeds,
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
Granola Bar Directions:
- Prepare a 8 X 8 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- Put dates in a food processor for about 1 minute or until only small bits are left.
- Toss in the oats, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, sunflower seeds and flax in a large bowl.
- On low heat cream together the honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan.
- Pour the combined honey and peanut butter into the dry mixture. Stir well.
- Add the processed dates, thoroughly mixing.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Using your hands press the mixture into the baking dish. Push the bar mixture to fill the corners and level it out throughout the dish.
- Cover with cling wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes.
- Check to see the bars are hard.
- Take out of the refrigerator and cut into bars.
Royal Icing Recipe:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Golden Yellow, black, gray, and blue gel food coloring
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- In the first bowl take 4 TBSP of icing adding gray gel food coloring and mixing well. In the second bowl take 6 TBSP of icing adding black gel food coloring and mixing well. In the third bowl place half of the remaining icing into a bowl adding several drops of yellow gel food color. Stir well to blend the color into the icing. In bowl #four, with the other half of the remaining icing add several drops of blue gel food coloring. Mix well to blend the color into the icing.
- Place each color of icing into a separate frosting bag with a small tip.
- Locate a picture of a Minion on Google. Print the picture in color. Tape this picture holding small images of the Minions on it to a cookie sheet.
- Tape wax paper (covering the copies of the Minion to the cookie sheet. )Follow the color and features as printed on the paper.
- Using a small pastry bag fill with the yellow royal icing and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the Minions top half of the body first. Fill in the top half of the Minion with the yellow icing. Remember to almost outline and fill in the arms also. Allow this to dry for 30-60 seconds.
- Using a small pastry bag fill with the blue royal icing and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the overalls first. Fill in the overalls with the blue icing. Allow this to dry for 30- 60 seconds.
- Using a small pastry bag fill with the black royal icing and a #2 tip. Start by outlining the boots and goggle frame first. Fill in the boots and goggle frame with the black icing. Allow this to dry for 30-60 seconds.
- Using a small pastry bag fill with the gray royal icing and a #2 tip. (pace a candy eye in the center of where the goggle frame leaves open. Start by outlining the goggle eye first with a thick line.
- Allow to dry for 5-10 hours.
- Ensure that the Minion is dry, gently touch one of them with your finger if it allows you to push in on the icing allow it to dry more. If the Minion is dry then it will have a hard feeling not allowing you to push in on it.
- Cut the wax paper holding the completed Minion into squares surrounding the completed decoration.
- Once the Minion is dry, carefully peel the wax paper off of the back of each of them.
- Drizzle the granola bar with yellow, black, and blue icing.
- Allow icing to dry for about 5 minutes.
- Using the royal icing as glue, drop a couple of dots on the back of the Minion candy piece and place it on the center of the granola bars.
Isn’t this the cutest granola bar recipe ever? It is so good and will sure fill you with energy.