I love movies and these 3 Great Teen Summer Movie Marathons are some of my favorites. Not only do all 3 have brand new movies coming out this year, but they are classics that are tons of fun. From scary to funny and of course the classics that everyone loves these are the movies that every parent is okay with you watching.
3 Great Teen Summer Movie Marathons
Affiliate links included below.
Sci-Fi: Everyone loves a little sci-fi here and there and this year is the most epic year for a Sci-Fi marathon that includes all of the Star Wars movies! With Star Wars The Force Awakens coming out this Fall, it’s the best time to have a fun summer movie marathon with your friends! You have to make sure you watch them in the order they were made. 4-6, then 1-3 – at least that is how a true Geek will watch it!
Get the entire trilogy together on Blu-Ray/DVD on Amazon for $34.96
Grab the trilogy on Blu-Ray/DVD on Amazon, also for $34.96
Suspense: One of those fun classic movies that every kids watches is Jurassic Park. With the release of the new Jurassic World in June this year it is a great one to watch together. It was one of the best movies of it’s time with new computer graphics, and it is tons of fun to see how much has improved since then. Mostly though, it’s totally cool watching all the real animatronic dinosaurs!
Get them all in one digitally remastered, Blu-Ray + Digital Copy collection for $38.99
Horror: This is only good for those who aren’t afraid of scary movies. With the recent remake of the classic horror movie Poltergeist you’ll find people screaming and hiding their eyes in theaters everywhere. These are some of my favorite horror movies, but they can be seriously spooky, so if you are a scaredy cat like me – you may want to avoid them or at least not watch them right before bedtime.
Movie marathons are tons of fun to have with your friends in the summer! Plan a date, cue up the movies and pop the popcorn. All of these movies are rated PG-13 or lower so your parents are sure to be okay with you watching them. Since all are coming to theaters this year, you can set up a great movie day that ends in a special night out to see the latest release!
For more fun summer entertainment ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Patriotic Origami Books & DIY by In Our Spare Time
- Ultimate Summer Reading List for Middle Graders by Pretty Opinionated
- 10 Books to put on your Summer Reading List by Mom Does it All
- Great Books to Read by the Pool by Style on Main
- Road Trip Inspired Movies on Netflix by Mom on the Side
- Summer Reading List for Teens and Tweens by Better in Bulk
- A Boy and His Dog: Feel-Good Movies for Canine-Loving Kids by Dogvills
- Kitschy Movies to Watch this Summer by Greta’s Day
- Summer Beach Reads by Upstate Ramblings
- 10 Summer Movies for Teens to Watch in 2015 by Day by Day in Our World
- Free Summer Reading Programs 2015 by The Guavalicious Life
What series do you love watching during summer movie marathons? Tell us in the comments!