I totally get sucked into movies with the possibility of aliens, and these movie quotes from Arrival put me on the edge of my seat. Whether you think alien forces are coming to get us, or just think there might be something out there, then this movie is for you. The universe is so incredibly big that something else has to be out there somewhere, we’ve got to make contact… right? This movie is going to take you away, it looks pretty cool! Check out all the details below!
All The Arrival Movie Quotes To Remind You That Aliens Are Creepy
Arrival is am upcoming sci-fi drama movie that is set to hit theaters on November 11, 2016. It is based on the 1998 short story titled Story of Your Life by Ted Chiang. The movie tells the story of Louise Banks, a linguist who was recruited by the military to help translate alien communications. Arrival stars Amy Adams as Doctor Louise Banks. Here are some trivia and quotes from the movie Arrival.
Arrival Movie Trivia
- The movie’s director Denis Villeneuve and writer Eric Heisserer, consulted with an expert to ensure the scientific ideology of the movie was accurate. They consulted with Stephen Wolfram, an expert in mathematics, computer science, and theoretical physics.
- The original movie title was Story of Your Life, after the short story by Ted Chiang. However, the title was later changed to Arrival after test audiences did not like the original title.
- When the movie poster was initially released, it caused people in Hong Kong to be upset because in the poster, there was a landmark for Shanghai instead of Hong Kong. Within 24 hours, Paramount Pictures had corrected the error.
- Director Denis Villeneuve has directed other movies including the 2013 movie Prisoners and the 2015 movie Sicario, but Arrival is his science fiction movie.
- Amy Adams, who plays the role of Doctor Louise Banks and Jeremy Renner, who plays the role of Ian Donnelly, have also starred together in another movie. In the 2013 movie American Hustle, Adams played the role of Sydney Prosser and Renner played the role of Mayor Carmine Polito.
Arrival Movie Quotes
Television news reporter regarding the arrival of the aliens:
Reporter- “Eight hours after landing there’s still no signs of first contact. The objects measure at least fifteen hundred feet tall.”
Conversation between Colonel Weber and Ian Donnelly, talking to Doctor Louise Banks:
Colonel Weber- “Priority one, what do they want, where are they from? You’ll be reporting to me, but you’ll be working with him when you’re in the shell.”
Ian- “That’s what they’re calling the UFO.”
Conversation between Ian Donnelly and Doctor Louise Banks:
Ian- “Language is the first weapon drawn in a conflict.”
Louise- “That’s quite a greeting.”
Ian- “Yeah, well, you wrote it.”
Conversation between General Shang and Ian Donnelly:
General Shang- “Not everyone is able to process experiences like this. When was the last time you did something stressful?”
Ian- “Does now count?”
Conversation between Doctor Louise Banks and Colonel Weber:
Louise- “We’re never going to be able to speak their words.”
Colonel Weber- “Dr. Banks, figure something out.”