For most people, midterms have finished and exams are fast approaching. Whether you have an exam coming up, a final paper or a big project it can be quite stressful. Having some stress can be positive and motivating but too much stress can cause severe problems. It’s all about finding a balance. First thing first… you have to take care of yourself. Your well-being is the most important. At the end of the day, it’s not the grade that counts, it’s your health. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t study and work hard because you should. However, you need to be able to recognize when you need to take a break. Check out my list of exam and project stress busters 101 below. There’s something for everyone!
Exam and Project Stress Busters 101
- Fuel Right – Working’s got you hungry? That’s great but make sure you fuel right! By eating healthy snacks, you’re keeping your brain focused and sharp. Your body needs the proper nutrition to be able to get the work done. Grab some fresh fruit, greek yogurt, veggies or nuts to keep you going. Make sure to include some healthy protein! Always pack some snacks and a lunch when heading to the library, that way you’ll be less tempted to buy fast food. You can make this delicious granola mix or this Minion Granola bar.
- Bubble Bath – Do you have a favourite bubble bath? Fill your tub with some nice warm water, some bubbles and relax. Let all your worries go and rest up with some “me” time.
- Exercise – This one is my personal favourite. When I’m stressed, exercise helps clear my head. Go for a run, hit up a yoga class, go for a swim or go skating. Find something you enjoy doing and sweat it out.
- Sleep – Get a good night sleep… every single night! This is so important. Your brain and body will thank you. Turn off your technology and get a good sleep.
- Doodle – Get artsy! Buy an adult colouring book or just grab some paper and doodle away. Colouring is super relaxing and it’s really fun so why not?
- Talk – Skype or call one of your friends. Catch up with someone that you haven’t talked to in a while. Simply having a conversation with one of your besties can help you re-focus.
- Hydrate – While you’re studying always have a bottle of water with you. It’s so important to stay hydrated because it keeps you functioning at your best.
- Music – Put on your favourite song and dance like nobody’s watching. Trust me – it works and you won’t be disappointed. Sometimes a three-minute dance party is all you need! The following 16 songs for November will sure cheer you up.