For most people, midterms have finished and exams are fast approaching. Whether you have an exam coming up, a final paper or a big project it can be quite stressful. Having some stress can be positive and motivating but too much stress can cause severe problems. It’s all about finding a balance. First thing first… you have to take care of yourself. Your well-being is the most important. At the end of the day, it’s not the grade that counts, it’s your health. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t study and work hard because you should. However, you need to be able to recognize when you need to take a break. Check out my list of exam and project stress busters 101 below. There’s something for everyone!
Exam and Project Stress Busters 101
- Fuel Right – Working’s got you hungry? That’s great but make sure you fuel right! By eating healthy snacks, you’re keeping your brain focused and sharp. Your body needs the proper nutrition to be able to get the work done. Grab some fresh fruit, greek yogurt, veggies or nuts to keep you going. Make sure to include some healthy protein! Always pack some snacks and a lunch when heading to the library, that way you’ll be less tempted to buy fast food. You can make this delicious granola mix or this Minion Granola bar.
- Bubble Bath – Do you have a favourite bubble bath? Fill your tub with some nice warm water, some bubbles and relax. Let all your worries go and rest up with some “me” time.
- Exercise – This one is my personal favourite. When I’m stressed, exercise helps clear my head. Go for a run, hit up a yoga class, go for a swim or go skating. Find something you enjoy doing and sweat it out.
- Sleep – Get a good night sleep… every single night! This is so important. Your brain and body will thank you. Turn off your technology and get a good sleep.
- Doodle – Get artsy! Buy an adult colouring book or just grab some paper and doodle away. Colouring is super relaxing and it’s really fun so why not?
- Talk – Skype or call one of your friends. Catch up with someone that you haven’t talked to in a while. Simply having a conversation with one of your besties can help you re-focus.
- Hydrate – While you’re studying always have a bottle of water with you. It’s so important to stay hydrated because it keeps you functioning at your best.
- Music – Put on your favourite song and dance like nobody’s watching. Trust me – it works and you won’t be disappointed. Sometimes a three-minute dance party is all you need! The following 16 songs for November will sure cheer you up.
18 thoughts on “Exam and Project Stress Busters 101”
Exercising always helps me feel less stressed. Great ideas 🙂
It’s important to eat right, sleep well, and drink water when studying, it keeps your body and brain more active. I love the tips, they are very helpful for our youngsters!
I travel a lot for my job and to just lay low and relax I get a massage and order room service. It helps me unwind! At home I make hot tea and read. 🙂
I love those little minion granola bars!!!! they’re so cute!!
i love the minion bar. My kids would love this for holiday its really cute
I love this list! Staying hydrated does SO MUCH for your body, and people just don’t realize it can actually help reduce stress. Thank you for sharing!
What a great list of ideas. I always found when I was moving around or doodling that I would get better ideas.
Reading in the tub relaxes me.
My daughter gets really stressed around exam time. I will have to make her some of the Minions treats. 🙂
I love taking a nice hot bubble bath, especially when I am stressed out!
These are some great tips. I am taking a little break from college right now, which has been nice.
Music and baths always work for me. Just relaxing and clearing my mind.
All great tips. My son is testing right now (college) and it does put some wear and tear on his time, for sure. Rejuvenating just makes good sense.
These are great ideas, exams can really be stressful. Relaxing music helped me a lot!
Doodling is a total stress-buster for me. I love that it’s on your list. Sleep and reading do a great job for me too!
Comments are closed.