I am so excited to share these awesome Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween movie quotes & trivia!
I loved the first movie, and can’t wait to see this one in theaters on October 12th, just in time for Halloween!
If you love a mashup of horror, comedy, action and adventure all in a family-friendly package, this is definitely the movie to see.
Read on to find out everything you need to know about Goosebumps 2!
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween Cast, Quotes and Trivia
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
First, a few quick facts to catch you up, in case you haven’t heard of this movie yet.
- Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween is an upcoming adventure, comedy, family, horror movie that is based on the Goosebumps children’s book series by R.L. Stine.
- The movie is the sequel to the 2015 movie- Goosebumps but features a whole new cast.
- In the movie, best friends Sonny Quinn and Sam Carter venture into the old, abandoned house that once belonged to R.L. Stine.
- Inside a dusty and mysterious chest, lies the book the R.L. Stine wrote- Haunted Halloween.
- When the boys open the book, they unknowingly bring the evil Slappy the Dummy back to life.
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween is set to hit movie theaters on October 12, 2018. Let’s check out the cast first, then we’ll get to some great movie quotes & trivia.
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween Cast
As I mentioned above, the Goosebumps 2 cast is completely different than the first movie. The most glaringly obvious omission is, of course, Jack Black as Stine. I’m super depressed about this because I really loved his character (and him as an actor overall). Still, I think it’s going to be a great flick, even with a total cast shakeup!
Let’s check out the new cast & characters!
1. Jeremy Ray Taylor as Sonny Quinn
- Jeremy is well known for his role as Ben Hanscom in the 2017- It: Chapter One (usually just referred to as “IT”).
- Fact: Since It: Chapter One was also a horror movie, Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween will be his 2nd horror movie.
- If you haven’t seen It: Chapter One, go check it out. You may want to watch it with the lights on. It will leave you on the edge of your seat)!
2. Madison Iseman as Sarah Quinn, Sonny’s sister
- Madison is best known for her role as Charlotte in the television series- Still the King, where she plays Billy Ray Cyrus’ daughter.
- While she mostly has TV credits to her name, she’s becoming quite the “it” girl. She has 7 movies in various stages of production coming out over the next couple of years.
3. Caleel Harris as Sam Carter, Sonny’s best friend
- Caleel was the voice of AJ (Seasons 2 & 3) on the Nickelodeon animated television series- Blaze and the Monster Machines.
- He also provided the voice of Clyde McBride (Seasons 1-3) on the Nickelodeon animated television series- The Loud House.
4. Wendi McLendon Covey as Kathy Quinn, Sonny and Sarah’s mom
- Since 2013, Wendi has played the role of Beverly Goldberg on the television series- The Goldbergs.
- She was also in the television series- Reno 911- as Deputy Clementine Johnson.
- She also appeared as Rita in the 2011 movie- Bridesmaids, as Kara in the 2012- What to Expect When You’re Expecting, as Jan Malkovitch in the 2014- The Single Moms Club and as Jen Palmer in the 2014- Blended.
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween Movie Quotes
(Besides the movie quotes, I also added some text that appears in the movie trailer, so you can get a better idea of the movie).
Text that appears in the opening of the movie trailer:
“Based on the best-selling books by R.L. Stine. 62 books, 400 million copies sold. And one day…the stories came to life.”
(62 books! Can you believe that? And the fact that 400 million copies were sold is just insane)!
Text that appears in the movie trailer:
“This October, discover the one book no one was meant to find.” (I don’t know about you, but that one sentence right there is enough to make me want to see this movie).
- Sam Carter, talking to Sonny Quinn, as they enter R.L. Stine’s old house:
- Sam- “I don’t think this place is giving out candy.” (Side note- Gee, I don’t know what his first clue was- the fact that the house looked old and creepy or the fact that no other kids were trick-or-treating anywhere near there).
- Slappy the Dummy, talking to Sonny and Sam, after Sonny opens the dusty book and unleashes him:
- Slappy- “Did you miss me?” (I probably wouldn’t sleep for a month if a dummy suddenly popped up and started talking to me, what about you)?
Conversation between Sarah and Sonny:
- Sarah- “You discovered a walking, talking dummy and you didn’t tell me?”
- Sonny- “Okay, well he seemed like a really nice guy at the start.”
Conversation between Sonny and Sam, as they come across a group of moving gummy bears:
- Sonny- “They’re moving.”
- Sam- “They’re so tiny and cute. What could they possibly do?”
(The gummy bears band together to form larger versions of themselves).
- Sam- “Sonny, they’re just gummy bears!”
- (The gummy bears reveal they have sharp, pointed teeth).
Trivia from Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween
What’s in a name?
There have been a couple of title changes for this movie. In May of 2017, it was called Goosebumps: HorrorLand. In December of 2017, it was named Goosebumps: Slappy’s Revenge. And in April of 2018, it was set as the current title.
The cast isn’t the only thing that changed!
The director for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween is Ari Sandel. This will be his 3rd movie as director, following the 2018- When We First Met and the 2015- The Duff.
Rob Letterman was the director for the 2015- Goosebumps. However, he was unable to direct the upcoming movie because he was already signed on as director for the 2019 movie- Pokémon: Detective Pikachu.
A Tale of Two Scripts
There were 2 scripts written for the upcoming movie. One script featured Jack Black reprising his role from the 2015 movie and the other script wrote him out completely.
Speaking of Jack Black, his schedule was too full for him to be able to star in the upcoming movie. He is appearing in 2 movies this year.
- He plays the role of Dexter in the movie- Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foo
- He also plays the role of Jonathan Barnavelt in the upcoming movie- The House With a Clock in Its Walls. (I don’t know about you, but I am super-excited for the movie- The House With a Clock in Its Walls- to hit theaters this month).