Guess what season it is (aside from Halloween, I mean!)? Pumpkin spice season!! To kick it off, we have a recipe for super yummy pumpkin Halloween muffins with crushed Oreo cooking topping! I don’t know about you, but pumpkin season is one of my favorites (along with “chocolate mint everything” season). Funny story, though, I didn’t actually like pumpkin until a few years ago. Now, I could eat all day. In my coffee, tea, bread, pies and, obviously, muffins.
The vanilla glaze and crushed Oreo cookies make these muffins more dessert-worthy. If you’re feeling health-conscious or want to eat them for breakfast without your parents giving you the “sugar for breakfast?” look, just leave a few naked muffins.
Pumpkin Halloween Muffins with Glaze & Crushed Oreo Cookie Topping
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 C sugar
- 15 oz of Pure Pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/2 C water
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in a large mixing bowl. Mix just until just blended.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients stirring until just moistened.
- Scoop batter into paper lined cupcake tins until they are filled 3/4′ s of the way to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in cupcake tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake pan and place on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- 3 TBSP melted butter
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP hot water
Combine all ingredients in a bowl starting with the melted butter. whisk until all ingredients are mixed well.
* Dip muffins into glaze. Keep muffins warm to allow the crushed Oreo’s to stick on it.
1 package of original Oreo cookies
Split the cookies in half, remove the filling, put the cookie part in a blender under blend to crush them into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl so you can dip the muffin in it.
*Immediately after dipping the muffins into the glaze dip them into the cookie crumbs.
Don’t they look yummy & festive? Perfect for all your Halloween parties, hanging out with friends or just for when you want a pumpkin-y snack!