Are you looking for the next easy party favor for your upcoming party or sleep over? Try this delicious caramel apple and your BFF will ask for more. This caramel apple recipe is quiet easy to make. You can prepare the ingredients for your besties. You will enjoy preparing it with your group and eating it too. It is also a great recipe for your upcoming bake sale of fundraisers.
M&M Caramel Apple
Affiliate links included below.
Type of apple: Pink Lady
To remove the wax coating from store purchased apples you can dip them in boiling water mixed with a splash of vinegar for a few seconds remove and dry. Allow to cool. Push the round stick into the bottom of each apple.
This recipe makes 8 large apples.
- Pink Lady apples
- 1 C stick margarine
- 2 C packed brown sugar
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C of green M&Ms
- 2 C of orange M&Ms
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler, pour water into the bottom half just slightly lower than when the top pot sits in the bottom half. bring water to a boil.
- Using a double boiler, put the margarine, brown sugar, corn syrup and condensed milk int the top pot bringing the heat to a med-high. Raise the temp to a boil, constantly stirring then reduce heat to med. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees or when a teaspoon of the caramel is dropped into a glass of cold water it forms a firm ball.
- When this happens remove the pot from the heat stirring in the vanilla.
- Dip each apple into the caramel coating the apple and part of the wooden stick.
- Allow the apples to partially dry on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- When the apples are cool enough to touch begin placing the orange M&Ms on the bottom of the apple. When done with the orange M&Ms begin placing the green M&Ms on the top half of the apple.
- Allow the apple to completely cool.
If you have leftover apples, try making a few other delicious recipes! Check out a few of our favorites, including an amazing apple muffin recipe!