I am still in denial from yesterday’s episode: The Walking Dead, season 6, episode 6! I cannot believe what happened to Glenn. It cannot be true. Read our episode 3 recap to learn what happened.
The Walking Dead- Season 6- Episode 3- “Thank You” recap:
This week’s show opens with Rick and the gang in the woods, heading towards Alexandra, with the horn still blasting loudly. If you remember, we didn’t see Rick and company in last week’s episode (The Walking Dead, season6, episode 2) since it focused on the Wolves entering the town and Carol and crew opening up a can of kicking butt.
- Rick tells Michonne and Glenn that everyone needs to keep moving and if anyone slows them down or can’t keep up, they need to be left behind. Heath is behind a tree nearby and overhears this, as screams of another crew member being attacked by walkers is heard. Rick plans to get the RV, circles back around and cut off the walker herd. Glenn wants to go with Rick, but he tells Glenn to take a group with him instead.
- Michonne, Glenn and Heath go ahead of the rest in order to kill the walkers, with Glenn telling the others not to shoot unless necessary and to stay back. However, not everyone listens as some try to get brave and join in the killings, with one shooting a walker with a gun. Needless to say, several of the group members meet their demise here.
- Daryl wants to change the plan, thinking five miles is sufficed, but Abraham disagrees and said 20 miles was the mission. Daryl takes off towards Alexandria, telling Abraham and Sasha that he has faith in them.
- Michonne and gang head back to the road, with two members having leg wounds and one that was bitten. The man that was bitten tells Michonne his story about being married for just three months, to Betsy, a woman they found on the way back to Alexandria.
- The group reaches a small town, where Glenn tells Michonne that he needs to get home. Michonne says right now they are about 30 minutes ahead of the walker herd now.
- This is the town where Nicholas says it all happened so he knows the way and can lead them. They group stops to help the three that are wounded and they move on. They soon come across a group of walkers feeding on Sturgess. Nicholas is in shock, Glenn grabs him as they move back from the walkers. The group heads into an abandoned pet store, where Michonne sees what is left over of the animals that were in their cages.
- Glenn comes up with a plan to burn down a building in order to distract the walker herd, keeping them from heading to Alexandria. He tells Michonne that he will hide if he gets stuck and let them know he is okay.
- Annie tells Michonne to leave her behind since she is slowing them down, as she is bandaging her and Scott, the other one with a leg wound, says the same. Heath won’t hear of it and says they will all go together, with Michonne agreeing. Nicholas and Glenn as well as Michonne, hear gunshots, and realize they have to leave and leave now.
- Meanwhile, Rick makes it to the RV, his hand bleeding from a recent cut. He gets the RV started and drives off.
- Michonne and Heath encounter a couple of walkers, killing them and attracting a herd of others with the gunfire. Annie trips and tells everyone to keep going, as she is eaten by some of the walkers.
- Glenn and Nicolas plan to burn down the feed store, only to discover it has already been burned down. Now, they face walkers coming at them from all directions. Meanwhile, Michonne tries to climb a fence, with walkers grabbing her legs. The guy that was bitten is also trying to climb the fence, but he falls backwards and is overcome by walkers, but Michonne makes it over the fence unharmed.
- Back to Glenn and Nicholas; they start shooting at the walkers but run out of ammo, soon both being outnumbered by walkers. Nicholas freaks out and freezes while Glenn tries to get him to snap out of it. Suddenly, Nicholas says thank you to Glenn as shoots himself in the head. Glenn tries to grab him but falls into the walker pit along with Nicholas. Holy bananas- Is Glenn really dead? I am in total shock right now. I cannot believe that. What a night at The Walking Dead, season 6, episode 3.
- Michonne, Heath and Scott head back towards Alexandria. Rick tries to get a hold of Glenn on the radio, but all he hears is static. Suddenly, a Wolf enters the RV, attacking Rick. Eventually, Rick ends up shooting the Wolf and notices the Wolf has a jar of baby food in his pocket.
- Michonne, Heath and Scott make it back to town, while Daryl has a change of heart and meets back up with Abraham and Sasha.
- Rick tries to restart the RV, but all it does is sputter and sputter. He keeps trying, but the RV won’t start. Now, he sees the walker herd coming from the woods and he has a Wolf inside the RV that can still come back. Will he die too?
Did you watch The Walking Dead, season 6, episode 3, yesterday? Are you in denial about Glenn? Will RICK make it? Do you have anything else to add our recap?