Planning Christmas party games for large groups requires a little more skill than, say, designing games for just a few of your closest besties.
If you’re going all out with this year’s holiday bash, you want to make sure you have enough ideas lined up to keep everyone engaged throughout the party.
Trust me, nothing kills a good time faster than awkward silence. One way to avoid weird moments of downtime: keep the tunes going.
A good playlist will only take you so far, though.
We’ve come up with a few really easy yet fun Christmas party games for large groups that will bring your party all the way home!
Christmas Party Games for Large Groups
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you
Christmas Charades Game Part 1 and 2- (The whole picture did not fit.) Looking for a fun Christmas themed family game night idea? This is a fun and silly Christmas Charades game perfect for a family date night or for a children's Christmas party. Be prepared to laugh! 💚🎄🎅❤️ #jacksonvilleareafamilyfunchristmasactivities2017 #jacksonvilleareafamilyfunchristmasactivities #jacksonvilleareafamilyfunchristmas #jacksonvilleareafamilyfunchristmas2017 #jacksonvilleareafamilyfun2017 #jacksonvilleareafamilyfun #jacksonvilleflorida #jaxflorida #jax #jaxfl #jacksonvillefl #jacksonville #christmastime #Christmas #christmascharades #charades #familynight #familygamenight #pinterest #pinterestidea #borrowedfrompinterest #christmasfamilyfun #christmasfun #familydate #familydatenight #jacksonvilleareafamilyfundatenightideas #jacksonvilleareafamilyfundatenightideas2017 #jacksonvilleareafamilyfunfamilydatenightideas #jacksonvilleareafamilyfunfamilydatenightideas2017
This fun holiday game has your teammates guess certain Christmas themed words.
- Participants will guess the word by their teammate’s acting.
- You can do this by separating into teams of 4 or 5 and picking someone to represent each team as the first batch of actors.
- There’s no talking allowed amongst the players, and they aren’t allowed to motion any letters.
- Have a list of your words and work your way through the list giving each team a point for a correct guess.
- The first to reach 10 points wins!
Christmas Oven Mitten Game–
Simply be the fastest team to unwrap your Hershey Kisses!
- What you’ll need is a bag of Hershey Kisses, a pair of oven mitts per team (preferably all of the same size) and a timer, stopwatch or clock.
- Once everyone is split into equal groups, you can ask a volunteer from each one to start the game off by handing them a pair of the mittens.
- Explain the goal of the game and once everyone has completely unwrapped their Kiss, the next set of volunteers can compete.
- The lowest combined time takes the win!
Much like regular Pictionary, just guess the secret Christmas word or phrase your teammate is drawing for the win!
- You can achieve this by having your teammates guess the secret word without using any of the forbidden words as fast as possible.
- This can be done by completing a Christmas word list in advance and get a whiteboard with a dry erase marker (or paper and pen).
- Separate into teams of 4 with one volunteer from each team going first as a drawer.
- The drawers can’t talk or motion during the game, nor can they draw symbols, #s or letters.
- The volunteers will be shown the first word only before walking back to their teams as you say “Go.”
- Then they may begin drawing, and the first team to guess correctly wins a point.
- The first team to 10 points takes the game!