I have so been looking forward to the first looks at the movie quotes and trivia from Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children. This is a Tim Burton film, which means you know it is going to have a dark and twisted take on the story and so far from them images I’ve been seeing from this movie look very good! This film reminds me a bit of the movie A Series Of Unfortunate Events, except this movie seems to have a bit more Alice in Wonderland style magic. Check out your first looks t all the best movie quotes and trivia from Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children. I’ve also added the trailer so you can see all the magic!
All The Best Movie Quotes From Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children That Look Really Good
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children is a dark fantasy adventure movie that will be in theaters on September 30, 2016. The movie focuses on Jacob Portman, who discovers a secret place known as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. He soon finds out that the children there have some special powers. The movie stars Asa Butterfield and Eva Green. Here are some trivia and quotes from Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Movie Quotes
Miss Peregrine, talking to Jacob Portman:
Miss Peregrine– “We’re what’s known in common parlance as peculiar. It’s a recessive gene carried down to through families.”
Conversation between Miss Peregrine and Fiona Frauenfeld, who has the ability to control plants:
Miss Peregrine- “Fifty-one seconds late, Fiona.”
Fiona- “Sorry, Miss Peregrine. How many carrots do you need for supper?”
Miss Peregrine- “Just one will do.”
[Fiona goes to the vegetable garden to get the carrot]
Miss Peregrine: Perculiars have been persecuted through the ages, hence we live in places like this.
[we see Fiona using her power to make a carrot grow into a massive size]
Conversation between Miss Peregrine and Jacob Portman, talking about her special powers:
Miss Peregrine– “A Ymbryne’s main skill is the manipulation of time. We choose a safe place to stay each day and create a loop.”
Jacob- “What do you mean?”
Miss Peregrine- “A loop is the last twenty-four hours, rest the loop and the day is yours to live in again. Reset it daily, and you can stay there forever, entirely safe from the outside world.”
Conversation between Jacob Portman and Emma Bloom:
Jacob- “But I’m just ordinary.”
Emma- “No, you’re not. You were born to protect us.”
Jacob- “From what?”
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Movie Trivia
- This is the 2nd movie that Eva Green has starred in with Tim Burton as the director. Previously, he directed the 2012 movie Dark Shadows, where Eva Green played the role of Angelique Bouchard.
- In the 2011 book of the same name written by Ransom Riggs, the character of Dr. Golan is a male, but in the movie the character is female, played by Allison Janney.
- Filming for the movie took place in Florida as well as London and Belgium.
- The theater release date for the movie was changed 3 times. Originally, it was due to be released on July 31, 2015. Then, the date was changed to March 4, 2016, later changed to December 25, 2016 and finally its current release date.
- The first movie trailer was released on September 3, 2015. The reason this date was chosen is because in the book, the date of September 3rd is an important element in the plot.
So what do you think, are you excited to see these bits of movie trivia and quotes from Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children? Do you think we’ve maybe launched on a new movie storyline that can rival some of the great dark and adventure movies that we’ve seen in the past few years? Tell me what you think in the comments!
Image via Wikia