With Halloween just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start trying hairstyles for your costumes! I know once I get my costume picked out, my hair and Halloween makeup are the next items on my list for that Halloween party I’m going to! Check out my versatile hairstyle picks that will complete any look!
9 Scary Versatile Halloween Hairstyles That You Need To Copy
1. Pig Tail Braids – These grand, exaggerated braids are perfect to add to a creepy doll costume or a fun cowgirl costume. This look can easily be adapted to accompany a scary costume or a cute one!
2. Sleek Pony – This sleek, tight pony is ideal for a ninja costume or a cat (just add ears)! This look is relatively easy. Don’t be scared to use a lot of hair gel to ensure that it creates a sleek look.
3. Tight Bun – This compact hairstyle is great to keep your hair out of your face. This look is ideal to compliment a ballerina costume or a horseback rider costume. Super cute and easy! Just grab the bobby pins!
4. Dutch Braids – This look is a little more complicated but still absolutely adorable! This hairstyle would pair well with a maiden costume or a fairy (just add a flower crown)!
5. Curls – Big, bold, beautiful curls are the perfect addition to an old Hollywood glam costume or a little red riding hood costume. Give those curls a quick spritz of hairspray and you’ll be good to go for the entire school dance or party!
6. Half Up Half Down – This look is ideal for a sparkly, gorgeous, princess costume, a genie or just about any animal you can think of! Play with this look, it’s versatile.
7. Back Combed – Try backcombing (also known as tease your hair) your hair for a mad scientist costume or add a witch’s hat! This look is easy and supposed to look messy! Backcomb as much or as little as you want!
8. Straight Sleek – A straight sleek look is super versatile and can be done with almost any hair length! This look is simple yet pairs well with almost anything. How about trying a vampire costume?
9. Braided Crown – A braided crown is perfect for a circus performer costume. It’s also a great option for a fairy costume too!
The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to Halloween hairstyles! Play with these styles, make them your own and see what you can create! Grab your friends and start practicing because Halloween will be here before you know it!
Do you have a favorite hairstyle in the list? Let us know in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
Image via Pixabay
18 thoughts on “9 Scary Versatile Halloween Hairstyles That You Need To Copy”
Great styles. I wish i could french braid my own hair but usually it goes into a ponytail.
What a great collection of hairstyles! Some of these would be great for before and after Halloween too! I love all the braided styles.
These are cute styles. I could see my daughter loving these, which means she’d try them on my hair or my youngest daughter’s hair. 🙂
Those pigtails in the second picture were gorgeous! If only my hair were longer. 🙁
I wish I could do the dutch braids but I usually do the pig tail braid(s) or just the pony. My hair does the curls on it’s own usually…
I like the tight bun, but maybe I’m boring! They all look perfect for different costume ideas.
They’re all great styles. Even if it isn’t Halloween. I’ve been loving braids this year.
Love love love the braids! I especially love Dutch braids, because they seem to be more substantial than the regular! I try to do my own braids, but usually have my hair stylist do them for fun every once and a while! So pretty!
Love this post! I’m going to have to practice some of those braids just for every day! So pretty even without a costume!
love these, most of these would go perfect with my halloween outfit as well! just in time!
I love all the braids. Wish I had the patience to learn how to do these, but sadly, I think I’ll stick to the big curls or half-up/half down.
These are all very lovely hairstyles. I like the braids the most and the curls. They are versatile indeed, especially if you’re dressing up for Halloween.
I love the dutch braids! How cool are those, and also the braided crown. I did something similar for my wedding 🙂
I loose long curls and just sleek straight hair!! I love braids, but I never do my hair with them!
*I like loose long curls…
I absolutely adore the pig tail braids! I don’t know why but definitely trying this out this week. And yes loose curls look beautiful, too!
Comments are closed.