Time to brush up on your Indian Jones 5 trivia! The Indiana Jones movies are based on the adventures of Dr. Henry Walton, also known as Indiana Jones. The 5th movie in the series is due to hit theaters on July 19, 2019. Unfortunately, there isn’t a title for the movie that has been set yet, so the media is referring to this movie right now as Indiana Jones 5. Since the movie release date is still a few years away, not much is known at this time regarding cast (except for Harrison Ford) and plot. Oh the humanity, how can they announce this movie and not give us more details? What we do know is that Steven Spielberg will direct this installment just as he did for the previous Indiana Jones films. Check out some of the interesting Indiana Jones 5 trivia I dug up on this mysterious movie, and also some Indiana Jones quotes.
Indiana Jones 5 Trivia And Quotes To Pump You Up For The Movie
Indiana Jones 5 Trivia
- This Indiana Jones movie will be the first movie in the franchise that will not have any input from George Lucas since he sold Lucasfilm to the Walt Disney Company in 2012.
- The other four movies in the Indiana Jones franchise are 1981 Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1984 Temple of Doom, 1989 The Last Crusade and 2008 Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- Harrison Ford made the announcement on October 27, 2015, that he will reprise the role of Indiana Jones. Other considerations for the main character role included Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper.
- Tom Selleck was offered the role of Indiana Jones back in the beginning, but since he was already starring in the TV show, Magnum, P.I., CBS said he couldn’t take the role.
Indiana Jones Quotes
Since little is known about the latest Indiana Jones 5 movie, there are not many quotes flying around just yet. Below I’ve included some of my favorite Indiana Jones quotes from the other four movies. If you haven’t yet watched the other four movies, it is time to have a movie marathon before the new movie comes out! Sounds like a great rainy day summer project to me! Check out these quotes!
- From The Last Crusade (Indiana Jones to his father): “I was remembering the last time we had a quiet drink together. I had a milkshake.”
- From The Last Crusade- Indiana Jones to his class: “We do not follow maps to buried treasure and X never, ever marks the spot.”
- From The Temple of Doom- Indiana Jones: “Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.”
- From Raiders of the Lost Ark- Belloq to Indiana Jones: “Dr. Jones. Again we see there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away.”
I have to admit. I loved most of the Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull movie. I know it got a bit crazy towards the end, but everything else embodied classic Indiana Jones to me. I hope they can do this new Indiana Jones 5 justice. I’m so glad Harrison Ford is back again!
Tell me your thoughts about the new Indiana Jones 5 movie, and the whole series down below in the comments!
Image via Pixabay