I have been excitedly searching for all of the interesting facts about Captain America: Civil War I can find! While Captain America: Civil War isn’t due to hit theaters until May 6, 2016, the movie has already made some serious waves. Between the all-star cast and the amazing source material, this film is set to be a super explosive part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe… and I can not waittttt! Here are some of my fav interesting facts about Captain America: Civil War that I’ve found, all in one place for you!
Interesting Facts About Captain America: Civil War That Everyone Will Want To Know
There were two movie trailers released for Captain America: Civil War.The first trailer premiered on November 25, 2015
The second trailer premiered on March 10, 2016.
- Stan Lee, previous president and of Marvel Comics and creator of the characters Iron Man, Thor, X-Men, Hulk, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, has a cameo appearance in the movie as a FedEx delivery worker.
- According to the directors of the movie, Civil War is designed to be a psychological thriller, while the 2014 Captain America: The Winter Soldier was designed to be a political thriller.
- The Hulk does not appear in Civil War. However, he was originally supposed to appear in the movie but was later written out by the screenwriters because they thought Hulk would make the fight uneven no matter which team he is on. The Hulk has so much physical power it’s hard to win against him.
- Spider-Man was never a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe because Spider-<an is the property of Sony Pictures Entertainment, not Marvel Studios. In February of 2015, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios inked a deal allowing Spider-Man to be included in Civil War.
- In September of 2014, the television network TNT has secured the United States television rights for 5 of Marvel Studios movies, with Civil War to air in 2018, two years after being released in theaters.
- Robert Downey Jr. is the highest-paid actor in Civil War even though the movie is mostly about Captain America. Downey reportedly made $40 million for his role as Tony Stark/Iron Man. There is also a contract clause that states that if Captain America: Civil War makes over the amount that Captain America: The Winter Soldier made at the box office (which is $714 million!), Downey Jr. will receive an additional payout. Hot negotiating skills!
So did you learn any new interesting facts about Captain America: Civil War? I sure did researching them! Tell me what you think about this movie, and any buzz you may know about in the comments!