Today we have a fun nature mobile fall craft for kids that doubles as a great way to get your family active. Strap on your hiking shoes and get ready to forage through the wilds to get the supplies for this easy craft! Winter is on its way, my friends. There is no denying it. The temperatures are dipping and some of us have to turn on our heat at night! Soak up the last of the warm remnants of summer and spend some time outdoors before the icy temps hit. While you’re out there, keep an eye out for some great supplies in nature for this craft!
Nature Mobile Fall Craft for Kids
Related Nature Crafts for kids:
Fun Bears Crafts for Kids Ideas to Celebrate Disneynature’s Bears Movie
What you’ll need:
- Pinecones, seashells, feathers, cool rocks and any other natural elements that you find on your journey.
- Twine or other natural-looking rope
- Beads, if desired, preferably in browns, greens and other forest colors.
- A thick stick or twig
Supplies for City Dwellers
Live in the city and can’t get to nature? We don’t want to leave you out! You can find most of the supplies in some form at a craft store. Take a look at our suggestions. Affiliate links included in the collage. Click on the picture for product details.
How to make it:
- Start by gathering your supplies for this fall craft for kids. This is the really fun part! If you live in a woodsy area, you could find everything you need in your own front yard. For the seashells, dig into your family memory box from past trips to the shore. Don’t have seashells? No big deal, you can really use any natural elements here. The key is to make it meaningful to your family.
- Lay everything out in front of you so you can see what you have. Take the thick twig and place it at the top of your surface. Arrange your other elements until you have everything where you want it.
- Cut your twine in varying lengths, enough pieces for each item.
4. Use the twine- and beads, if desired- to attach each piece to the thick stick.
5. Create a hanger by tying the twine to each ends of the stick, with enough give in the middle to let it dangle from your hook.
6. Hang your nature mobile someplace where everyone can admire it!
That’s it! Easy, right? You could take this nature mobile fall craft for kids in so many different directions. Make one each season and bring it out to celebrate the change in weather. Make it a new tradition: when you go on vacation, search for items for another mobile. The great thing this fall craft for kids is that it has the potential to bring the entire family together.
What what you put on your nature mobile fall craft for kids? Tell us in the comments!
13 thoughts on “Turn a Family Scavenger Hunt into a Nature Mobile Fall Craft for Kids”
great way for the kids to enjoy nature and time creating
Such a fun way to get the family out of the house and doing something that exercises the mind and body! Thanks for the great idea.
That is so cute and what a fun way to spend some quality time outdoors with the family! The pine cone could even be turned into a bird feeder with some peanut butter and bird seed.
This would be great for right about now in the fall! They could use pinecones, acorns and leaves! A great Idea!
This would be great to do with my son who is always stopping to pick up rocks, leaves, sticks.. anything and everything!
this is great DIY craft, so i can enjoy the time with my kids to make this..thanks
I love that this involves both crafts and an outdoor nature experience!
What a great idea! My kids are so proud when them make cool things on their own.
What a great end of the summer craft to do! A perfect combination of the kids love out outdoors and crafts
What a fun idea!
Comments are closed.