Looking for all the best cast info, trivia and The House with a Clock in its Walls movie quotes?
We’ve got you covered!
Jack Black is a favorite in our household, so we’ll definitely be seeing this in theaters on September 21st!
RELATED: 10 Outstanding Movies Like A Star is Born
This movie looks amazing!
Until then, enjoy these quotes, movie trivia, and more!
The House With a Clock In Its Walls Movie Trivia & Quotes
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
The House With a Clock In Its Walls is an upcoming fantasy, horror movie that is based on the 1973 children’s Gothic, horror novel- of the same name- by John Bellairs.
- The movie, due in movie theaters on September 21, 2018, centers on Lewis Barnavelt, a 10-year-old orphan, who goes to live with his uncle- Jonathan Barnavelt- in a creaky old house in the town of Zebedee, Michigan, which has a mysterious tick-tock sound inside.
- When Lewis accidentally releases Selena Izard from her grave, the sleepy town springs to life and delves into the mysterious world of warlocks and witches.
- Hi-jinks ensue!
Don’t get stuck waiting in line! Sign up for a Fandango Fan Alert to buy your tickets ahead of time!
The House with a Clock in Its Wall Cast
1. Jack Black
Jack Black plays the role of Jonathan Barnavelt, a warlock and the uncle of Lewis.
- If you’ve watched a comedy or a hilarious family movie in the last decade, chances are you’ve seen Jack Black!
- He’s played Po in Kung Fu Panda, RL Stine in Goosebumps, and many, many more beloved characters.
- Black has also appeared as a special guest in numerous shows, including The Office and Community.
2. Cate Blanchett
Cate Blanchett plays the role of Florence Zimmerman, a witch and Jonathan’s neighbor and best friend.
- Blanchett is perhaps best-known for her titular role in the movie Elizabeth, about the life of Queen Elizabeth I.
- The diverse actress has played in family movies, epic fantasies, and hit dramas, from How to Train Your Dragon to the Hobbit.
- While many think that the actress is British (probably because of her outstanding performance as Elizabeth), she was actually born in Australia.
3. Owen Vaccaro
Owen Vaccaro plays the role of Lewis Barnavelt, the nephew of Jonathan.
- Vaccaro may be young, but he already has a few major movies under his belt!
- He played in both of the Daddy’s Home movies as well as the dramatic ensemble film, Mother’s Day.
4. Renee Elise Goldsberry
Renee Elise Goldsberry plays the role of Selena Izard, an evil sorceress, wife of Isaac and former owner of Jonathan’s house.
- She has played in several hit TV shows, including the Netflix Original, Altered Carbon.
- Along with a degree in acting from Carnegie-Mellon University, she also has a masters in vocal jazz performance.
5. Kyle MacLachlan
Kyle MacLachlan plays the role of Isaac Izard, an evil warlock, husband of Selena and former owner of Jonathan’s house.
- MacLachlan became a favorite of mine back when he was doing David Lynch films and TV shows!
- He’s very well-known for his role as Agent Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks.
- If you’re not a Lynch fan, chances are you’ve seen him in one of his 70+ movies or TV show credits!
The House With a Clock In Its Walls Movie Quotes
— SoulPancake (@soulpancake) August 13, 2018
1. Conversation between Jonathan Barnavelt and Lewis Barnavelt:
Jonathan- “Lewis, I’m your uncle Jonathan.”
Lewis- “Are you wearing a robe?”
Jonathan- “It’s a kimono.”
2. Conversation of Florence Zimmerman and Jonathan, both talking to Lewis:
Florence- “You’re Lewis I presume. How was your trip?”
Jonathan- “This old hag is my neighbor.”
Florence- “I’m relieved to see you didn’t inherit your uncle’s freakishly oversized head.”
Jonathan- “My God, did that withered purple skeleton just speak?”
— USA TODAY Life (@usatodaylife) March 26, 2018
3. Conversation between Jonathan and Lewis:
Jonathan- “Have a look around. You’re perfectly safe.” (Before a purple monster with tentacles opens a door, followed by Jonathan quickly shutting the door).
Lewis- “That’s safe?”
Jonathan- “As long as it’s fed.”
4. Conversation between Jonathan and Lewis:
Jonathan- “Do you know what a warlock is, Lewis?”
Lewis- “A boy witch.”
Jonathan- “I think they’re a little more than boy witches.”
Lewis- “Are you saying that you’re a warlock?”
Lewis- “Please teach me! Please, please!”
Jonathan- “Okay, have it your way.”
— The House with a Clock in Its Walls (@housewithaclock) July 30, 2018
5. Conversation of Jonathan and Florence, both talking to Lewis:
Jonathan- “This house used to be owned by another warlock.”
Florence- “He’s very wicked, very powerful.”
Jonathan- “He left a hidden clock in the walls. We don’t know what it does, except something horrible.”
— The House with a Clock in Its Walls (@housewithaclock) May 15, 2018
6. Conversation between Jonathan and Lewis:
Jonathan- “We have to destroy the clock!”
Lewis- “You can’t do this alone. I can help you! You want to see some real magic, I’ll show you.”
Fun Facts & Trivia
- Eli Roth is the director of The House With a Clock In Its Walls.
- He has also directed the 2002 horror, comedy- Cabin Fever, in which he also plays the role of Justin/Grimm and the 2005 horror- Hostel.
- Out of the 9 movies that Eli Roth has directed so far, The House With a Clock In Its Walls is the first movie not to have an R rating.
- The House With a Clock In Its Walls has a PG rating.
- Eli Roth’s ex-wife, Lorenza Izzo, plays the role of Lewis’ mother in The House With a Clock In Its Walls.
- Additionally, she also starred in 3 other movies that Roth has directed.
- In the 2012 disaster, horror- Aftershock, she plays the role of Kylie. In the 2013 cannibal, horror- The Green Inferno, she plays the role of Justine. In the 2015 thriller, horror- Knock Knock, she plays the role of Genesis.
- The House With a Clock In Its Walls is the 3rd movie role for Owen Vaccaro. He plays the role of Dylan Mayron in the 2015 comedy- Daddy’s Home and the 2017 sequel- Daddy’s Home 2.
- He also plays the role of Charlie in the 2016 romantic comedy- Mother’s Day.
- The House With a Clock In Its Walls is set in the year 1953. Throughout the years, there have been an array of movies that take place in the same year. This includes the 1997 neo-noir, crime- L.A. Confidential, the 2005 historical drama- Good Night, and Good Luck, the 2015 drama- Carol and the 2015 biographical drama- Trumbo.
Have you heard any other great The House with a Clock in its Walls movie quotes or trivia? Which is your favorite cast member? Tell us below!