Get ready for all The Mummy movie trivia you really need to know! Like so many other franchises, the trilogy that originally starred Brendan Fraser has been completely made over for “modern times,” this time starring Tom Cruise. If you’re thinking what I’m thinking (1999 wasn’t exactly ancient times), keep in mind that THOSE movies were sort of reboots of even older “feature creature” type films (like 1930s old). Let’s check out the trailer, then read on for some fun Mummy movie trivia!
The Mummy Movie Trivia You Need to Know
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!
As mentioned above, the movie is a reboot of the 1999-2008 film series. In case you want to check them out, they are:
- The Mummy– 1999
- The Mummy Returns– 2001
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor– 2008
1. This upcoming movie is set to be the 1st movie, out of a series of 6, to be part of the Universal Monsters film series. As of right now, there are no release dates and no set titles. But here are the movies to complete the series:
- Untitled Invisible Man movie
- Untitled Wolf Man movie
- Untitled Van Helsing movie
- Untitled Creature from the Black Lagoon movie
- Untitled Bride of Frankenstein movie
2. While the above movies don’t yet have set titles or release dates, a couple of them do have their main actors cast already. Johnny Depp will play The Invisible Man in that untitled movie and Javier Bardem will play Frankenstein’s monster in the untitled Bride of Frankenstein movie.
3. The Mummy is being directed by Alex Kurtzman. Kurtzman also directed the 2012 movie People Like Us. In addition, he is currently the executive producer for 3 television series: Hawaii Five-O, Sleepy Hollow and Scorpion.
4. The Mummy’s movie tagline is- “Welcome to a new world of gods and monsters.” This is also a quote from the 1935 horror movie, Bride of Frankenstein. In that movie, Doctor Pretorius, played by the late Ernest Thesiger, is making a toast to Henry Frankenstein, played by the late Colin Clive, and he says, “To a new world of gods and monsters. The creation of life is enthralling, distinctly enthralling, isn’t it?”
5. Before Russell Crowe landed the role of Dr. Henry Jekyll, several other actors were also considered for the role, including Eddie Redmayne, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Javier Bardem and Tom Hardy.
Right now, Fandango has a great “gift with purchase” special going on to celebrate the June 9th release of The Mummy. Get $5 monster movies on FandangoNOW with ticket purchase. Offer valid 5/19-6/12. Terms apply.
Are you looking forward to this film? Have you heard any other fun The Mummy movie trivia? Tell us below!
19 thoughts on “5 Things You Need to Know About The Mummy Movie”
This movie looks pretty intense! I had no idea they were making this as a prequel..
I have seen the trailer a few times. I’m not sure how it will compare to the previous ones but I still want to watch it.
I had no idea that they were making a prequel of The Mummy but how cool does it look. I like how amazing the graphics and CGI looks! x
I never knew about this and this looks so cool, I have watched all the Mummy Series before though am a scary cat lol and loved it
I didn’t know that they were re-booting this movie, I’m pretty sure I’ll be going to see this as I saw the ones from the 90’s x
I remember watching and earlier version of this movie very long time ago. I didn’t know they were remaking it, staring Tom Cruise. The screenshots look very interesting, I can see a lot of high quality effects in them.
this is amazing.. i had no idea about this.. seems like I don’t update myself enough..
i didn’t know about the mummy movie. But you pushed my curiosity. Do you think I can find it on netflix? Or where?
I was never into the Mummy movies but I like Tom might might just check it out x
I am actually dying to see this movie and so looking forward to its release next week, here in the UK.
I remember watching earlier version of this movie very long time ago but somehow couldn’t watch this part now. but after reading this post i think i need to watch this. Thank for sharing.
Sigh… yes, I’m looking forward to the movies, mainly for the star power and neat stories.
But we all know that starts often make bad movies! My eternal optimism at the movies will make me inclined to see this although I may wait until after that first release week… to see what happens!
Wow! I didn’t even know ths. I loved mummy series. I can’t wait to see Tom cruise in this return movie.
I love the series for a while but I am not so intrigued to watch it again in a remake and also the cast is a bit disappointing to me personally.
I can’t bring myself to watch anything with John Depp and Tom Cruise anymore.
Sounds like a good movie. Good for weekends and date night. Will send info to my friends too.
Sounds like a good movie for teenagers. My boys will enjoy this and this weekend I will reserve it.
I didn’t even know that movie! It sounds like a nice movie! Interesting! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Comments are closed.