Now that 2016 is officially here, the media is constantly buzzing about new years resolutions. I think resolutions can be beneficial and helpful but sometimes they can be destructive. The media loves this time of the year and is constantly bombarding us with the newest trends, diets and fads. One thing to remember during this time and always is that you’re beautiful, strong and courageous. Never forget that.
It’s so important that we love ourselves and take care of ourselves all the time. This is a great time of the year to set goals and really focus in on what you want. So instead of taking, this time, to put yourself down – let’s focus on building ourselves up! Don’t get hung up on losing weight, eating better or your make-up routine. Just be present and be unapologetically yourself as you ring in 2016. Check out these 10 best and easiest New Year’s resolutions that are goal oriented and fun!
9 Best and Easiest New Year’s Resolutions
1) Read – I think I speak for most of us when I say that at one point or another we’ve put a book down before finishing it. Why not take some time to pick that old book up and give it the time of day it deserves. Reading can be calming and it’s so great for our brains! Give your brain a workout and take some time to read.
2) Workout – Try a new exercise class because you love your body and respect it not because you hate it. Our bodies do so much for us… reward yourself with a fun class. Hot yoga? Kickboxing? Pilates? Or reward yourself with a fun workout that you can do anywhere.
3) Tea Time – Herbal teas have great benefits for your mind and body. Take time to relax and cut back on your caffeine with a cup of tea. Trade the coffee for a delicious sip of tea.
4) Art – I can’t draw to save my life but there are many forms of art. Why not take a couple hours and try a painting class or a pottery class? Get your creative juices flowing and have fun creating your own artwork! You could even try your hand at a few adult coloring books!
5) Journal – Journaling can be super beneficial for you mind, body and soul. Check in with yourself even if you only write a sentence a day, I guarantee it’ll improve your relationship with yourself.
6) Cook – Try a fun, adventurous recipe for dinner. Spice up your dinner with a cool and tasty meal. Share it with a friend or save it all for yourself. Why not pick one day a week to try a new recipe? Check out some yummy recipes by clicking here.
7) Self-Care – We often forget to take care of ourselves. Exercise, food, sleep and “me time” are all incredibly important to your wellbeing. Make a point of setting some time aside each day for you! It can be as simple as painting your nails, reading a book, taking a bath or watching an episode of your favourite show. You are worth it! Your health is the most important – fall in love with every aspect of your life. I believe in you!
8) Something New – Try something you never thought you would ever be able to do. It could be extreme like rock-climbing, skiing, skydiving or something a little less risky like joining a golf club, book club or get involved in your community. Give back and be find your sense of adventure.
9) Love yourself!- Perhaps the most important New Year’s resolution of all, take time to appreciate all your strengths, your own inner beauty and the things that make you you!
2016 is your year! Embrace it with open arms. Make it your mission for 2016 to do more of what makes you happy, love your life and enjoy your own company. Don’t get caught up in the opinions of others because you’re the one with all of the control. Be fearlessly confident in your own abilities.