Feeling the need for some amazing Bad Times at the El Royale movie quotes?
How about all the best trivia, including everything you need to know about the cast of this exciting mystery?
Well guess what?
We’ve got you covered!
RELATED: 10 Must-See Movies Like Bad Times at the El Royale
Read on for your ultimate guide to this incredibly mystery thriller flick set to hit theaters on October 12th!
Bad Times at the El Royale Movie Quotes, Cast, & Trivia Guide
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Bad Times at the El Royale is an upcoming mystery, thriller movie, set to hit theaters on October 12, 2018.
- The movie takes place at Lake Tahoe’s El Royale Hotel.
- Let me just say that this isn’t your 5-star hotel, like the Four Season or the Waldorf Astoria. Instead, the El Royale is a dirty, rundown hotel.
- It tells the story about a group of strangers, each of whom hold a dark secret, who meet at the hotel, which also holds dark secrets of its own.
- Each of the strangers has one final chance at redemption, before everything goes awry.
Read on to learn about the cast of the movie, plus check out our favorite quotes and trivia!
Cast of Bad Times at the El Royale
1. Jeff Bridges as Father Daniel Flynn
Bridges Plays Father Daniel Flynn, a priest down on his luck.
- Jeff is the son of the late-actor, Lloyd Bridges and the younger brother of actor, Beau Bridges.
- He won the Academy Award for Best Actor, for his role as Otis “Bad” Blake in the 2009- Crazy Heart.
2. Cynthia Erivo as Darlene Sweet
Cynthia Erivo as Darlene Sweet, a singer who is down on her luck.
- Cynthia has won awards for her role as Celie Johnson in the Broadway Musical- The Color Purple Revival.
- In 2016, she won the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical; the Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance and the Theatre World Award for Outstanding Broadway Debut Performance.
3. Dakota Johnson as Emily Summerspring
Dakota Johnson as Emily Summerspring, a criminal from the South.
- Dakota is the daughter of actor, Don Johnson and actress, Melanie Griffith.
- She won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress, for her role as Anastasia Steel in the Fifty Shades movie trilogy (2015, 2017 and 2018).
4. Cailee Spaeny as Emily’s sister
Cailee Spaeny plays Emily’s younger sister, a naïve criminal, also from the South.
- She doesn’t have a name other than “Emily’s Sister.” Well, I’m sure she does, we just don’t get to know it!
- Cailee’s first movie role was in the 2018- Pacific Rim Uprising, as Amara Namani.
5. Jon Hamm as Laramie Seymour Sullivan
Jon Hamm as Laramie Seymour Sullivan, a vacuum cleaner salesman.
- Jon is an award-winning actor, for his leading role as Don Draper, in the television series- Mad Men.
- He won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor- Television Series Drama in 2008 and 2016.
6. Chris Hemsworth as Billy Le
Chris Hemsworth as Billy Lee, a charming cult leader.
- Chris is the younger brother of actor, Luke Hemsworth and the older brother of actor, Liam Hemsworth.
- He has won awards twice, for 2 different movie roles.
- At the 2012 Teen Choice Awards, he won Choice Summer Movie Star: Male, for his role as Thor in The Avengers and for his role as Eric: The Huntsman in Snow White and the Huntsman.
- At the 2016 People’s Choice Awards, he won Favorite Action Movie Star, for his role as Thor in Avengers: Age of Ultron and for his role as Owen Chase In The Heart of the Sea.
7. Lewis Pullman as the hotel concierge
Lewis plays the hotel concierge at the El Royale.
- He is the son of actor, Bill Pullman.
- He is fairly new to the acting world, playing in just a couple of movies so far, including the 2018- The Strangers: Prey at Night as Luke and the 2017- Battle of the Sexes as Larry Riggs.
Bad Times at the El Royal Movie Quotes
1. Hotel concierge at the El Royale Hotel, talking to the new guests:
Concierge- “The El Royale is a bi-state establishment. You have the option to choose a room in either California or Nevada.”
(The El Royale is located on Lake Tahoe, which is on the state line of California and Nevada)
2. Conversation between Darlene Sweet and Father Daniel Flynn:
Darlene- “How’d you end up at the El Royale?”
Father Flynn- “The Ritz-Carlton was booked.”
3. Laramie Seymour Sullivan, talking to the other hotel guests:
Laramie- “This place used to be hustling and bustling. Old Dean Martin even sang a song about it once.”
4. Conversation between the hotel concierge, talking to Father Flynn and Laramie, talking to the hotel concierge:
Concierge- “This is not a place for a priest, Father. You shouldn’t be here.”
Laramie- “We might need to work on your sales pitch, son. “The El Royale, no place for a priest.””
5. Conversation between Father Flynn and the hotel concierge:
Father Flynn- “Are you watching me?”
Concierge- “I only watch who they tell me to watch.”
Father Flynn- “Who’s they?”
Bad Times at the El Royale Movie Trivia
1. It’s sort of based on a real hotel
The El Royale Hotel is based on the Cal Neva Resort and Casino (Lake Tahoe), which was owned by Frank Sinatra, from 1960-1963. Fun fact: Frank’s ghost is said to haunt it, along with the ghosts of other famous movie stars!
2. Jon Hamm wasn’t originally supposed to play Laramie
Before Jon Hamm was cast in the role of Laramie Seymour Sullivan, Russell Crowe was cast in that role but later dropped out.
3. More work by Goddard
Drew Goddard is the director of Bad Times at the El Royale, but did you know that Goddard also directed the 2012- The Cabin in the Woods? And here’s another fun fact: Did you also know that Chris Hemsworth also starred in the 2012 movie, as Curt Vaughan?
4. It wasn’t filmed anywhere near California or Nevada!
Principal photography for the movie took place on January 29th and January 30th, 2018, in Agassiz, British Columbia, Canada. Filming for the movie started on February 15, 2018, in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.
5. So long, muscle man!
New @avengers #infinitywar #thor posters are dropping like hot cakes, this one is look #57, prep time 34 yrs, cooking time 2-3 seconds, you’ll need the following : cool cape, mangy haircut, one eye, one eye patch, 4 week old stubble, a little “over the shoulder” some metal arms and you’re done! Recipe courtesy of @zocobodypro. Jokes aside this movie is gonna blow your mind ?????????
Chris Hemsworth’s character in Avengers is a lot more built than his character in Bad Times at the El Royale! He had to lose about 25 pounds of muscle for the role!
There, now you know everything you need to know about Bad Times at the El Royale! Alas, you still have to wait a couple of months before it comes out, but the way time flies it’ll be October 12th in no time at all!
Do you have any other favorite Bad Times at the El Royale movie quotes or trivia? Share below!