Get ready to have your mind totally blown, these fact about Pretty Little Liars are so much more than I expected! I seriously thought I knew everything about Pretty Little Liars, but I guess I should have known better. On the show every time I think I know what’s what, there is a twist. If you need a few more twists from the liars while you wait for next season, I have you covered. Check out these facts about Pretty Little Liars now, and prepare to be amazed! Ready?
9 Mind Blowing Facts About Pretty Little Liars (Plus One Bonus!)
- The Pretty Little Liars season premiere in January 2014 was the most tweeted season in history. There were 30,000 tweets recorded per minute during the premiere. That’s a big Twitter party!
- Actress Ashley Tisdale, from the High School Musical movies, was initially asked to audition for Pretty Little Liar. She turned down the role to star in the tv show Hellcats on the CW. Hellcats was canceled after the first season.
- Pretty Little Liars uses a couple of the same sets from the television show Gilmore Girls. So to piece together this puzzle, the Stars Hollow set from Gilmore Girls is the same set as Rosewood from Pretty Little Liars. Mind blown! Bonus: Rosewood, Pennsylvania is a fictional town in both the book and TV show, but it is based on the real-life town of Rosemont, Pennsylvania. Roadtrip!
- The character of Alison is played by Sasha Pieterse, who was only 13 when she auditioned for the show. She originally auditioned for the role of Hanna. Can you ever imagine living in a world where Alison is Hanna? Sounds like another twist!
- Before they were all chosen for the show, Lucy Hale, Janel Parrish and Ashley Benson, all had small parts on the television series The O.C. Lucy played Hadley Hawthorne in season 3, episode 24. Janel and Ashley both starred in the same episode, season 4, episode 6. Ashley played the role of Riley and Janel played the role of Riley’s BFF, Leah.
- None of the actresses on the TV show look like their characters from the descriptions in the book. In the book, Hanna has auburn hair with brown eyes, while on the show she has blonde hair with blue eyes. Spencer has dirty blonde hair with green eyes in the book and brown hair with brown eyes on the show. Aria has black hair and blue eyes in the book while on the tv show she has brown hair with hazel eyes. In the book, Emily has strawberry blonde hair with green eyes, and on the show, she has dark brown hair with dark brown eyes. We will call it creative liberty.
- Troian Bellisario, who plays Spencer, is the oldest out of the liars. She is older than her 27-year-old co-star, Ian Harding, who plays the role of Ezra Fitz.
- Lucy Hale first appeared on television in 2003. She starred in a reality competition show called American Juniors. She finished in the top five, and this landed her on some guest roles on tv later on in her career.
- Troian Bellisario’s step brother in real life is Sean Murray, who is on the television show NCIS as the character Timothy McGee. Troian guest-starred on the show in 2005 for two episodes. She played the role of Timothy McGee’s sister, Sarah McGee.