Playing hilarious party games with my friends is one of my fav memories, they make for such great photo ops and are fun to play indoors or outdoors!
If you need some inspiration for some fun games to play, I have you covered.
I rounded up a few of my favorites.
All of these party games for teens can be played outdoors, but even better most of these party games can be played indoors!
Don’t forget to print all our party games. It is exclusive to our newsletter subscribers.
Hilarious Party Games You Gotta See!
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase.
1. Catch The Candy
- Place a large bowl of brightly colored candy coated candy in the center of the group.
- You could use M&M’s, Skittles or whatever your group likes.
- Each person has a straw and a cup.
- When the game starts, each person must transfer as many candies as they can to their cup.
- The catch is they MUST use only the straw. They cannot touch the candy with their hands.
- Once all the candy is gone, the person with the most candies in their cup is the winner.
Get them at Birthday in a Box!
2. Flying Like A Kite
Having a party happening outside?
Try one of my fav hilarious party games, this one is too funny!
- Attach kites to the back of baseball caps.
- Participants must put on the baseball caps and try to keep their kite in the air.
- For every time your kite hits the ground, you get a point.
- The person with the least amount of points at the end of the game wins!
- Set a timer for this game and play for a minute or two at a time!
3. Balloon POP!
This one you need a nice large space to play in.
- Blow up a balloon for each person.
- Using a piece of string, tie a balloon to the foot of each player keeping the string length short.
- When the game begins, participants must try to pop the other balloons without getting their balloons popped.
- The last person left with a balloon is the winner!
- Turn on some music for more of a dance party game vibe.
4. Giant Tape Ball
This game takes a bit of prep work but is well worth the effort to prep before the party.
This has got to be one of my fav indoor party games for teens.
- Gather a bunch of little prizes such as glow sticks, candy, nail polish or other small presents.
- Anything that is made of paper roll in a piece of clear saran wrap first to keep the tape from sticking to it..
- Now use a roll of packing tape and start making a giant ball of tape, adding your goodies and presents to them as you go.
- I find it’s better to use clear tape so you can see all the treats, but if all you have is colored tape, it will work.
- To start the game, you need a pair of dice and your tape ball.
- Take turns going around the circle and rolling the dice. The first person to roll doubles (both dice are the same number) gets a chance to start ripping into the tape ball.
- While they try to rip out prizes, the other players keep taking turns rolling the dice until someone else rolls doubles.
- Once a new double has been rolled, the new person now has a chance to rip the prizes out of the tape ball.
The game ends when all of the prizes are ripped out of the ball! This game can get hilarious, especially for a large group of teens. I can’t wait to get some more prizes to play again!
5. Would You Rather
This party game is hilarious to hear everyone’s responses.
You never know what your friends will pick!
Create a jar full of questions with each paper including a choice.
The only rule is that participants must choose one of the options on their question.
Here are some examples of questions:
- Would you rather hang with Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez for 24 hours straight?
- Would you rather be able to change the past or see the future?
- Would you rather go without the internet or without a car for a month?
6. Whipped Cream Candy Challenge
This game is a little messy, but so much fun!
Start by putting an equal number of pieces of candy (gummy worms work great) on the bottom of a pie tin (one for each player).
Next, fill the tin with whipped cream and challenge players to find the gummy worms.
They can only use their mouths!
No hands allowed!
First player to find all their worms wins!
This game is even funnier if you use colorful whipped cream (just add food coloring).
Make sure you give everyone a bib or something to cover their clothes, though!
7. Sour Baby Bottle Contest
Before the party, buy enough baby bottles for all of the guests.
You’ll want to make sure they all have the same type of nipple.
Fill the bottles with super sour juice.
Basically, make lemonade with fresh lemons, minus most of the sugar.
You’ll want to add a little sugar though so it’s not TOO gross.
Give everyone their own bottle.
On the count of three, go!
The first person to suck down all the juice through the baby bottle wins.
8. Musical Hula Hoops
This hilarious indoor party game is a lot like musical chairs, but with a twist!
Grab enough hula hoops for each guest- minus one- and lay them out in a circle. Start the music and dance around the hoops in a circle. When the music stops, everyone has to get into a hoop.
The fun part: players can share hoops! As the game continues, keep removing one hoop until everyone has to try to cram their bodies into the one remaining hoop!
Anything goes here: a hand, a foot, their whole body. If part of you is in the hoop, you’re safe. Don’t make it to the hoop? You’re out!
This game doesn’t really end with a single winner. It’s more about the fun than the competition.
Here are some other funny hula hoop ideas:
9. Crazy Hat Photobooth Fun
This is a fun activity that turns a party favorite- photo booths- into a wacky challenge!
Set up a photo booth or even just a photo station before the party.
Challenge guests to create their own crazy hat out of only the supplies available. Then have them take their picture in the hat.
Photo Booth Accessory Kit (20 Pieces)
Give out prizes in a bunch of categories, like:
- Funniest overall picture
- Best use of feathers
- Most colorful hat
- …and so on
You can make up categories for players to compete in before the party or make them up after you see the pictures, so everyone has a chance to win.
10. Karaoke Relay
Regular karaoke is fun on its own, but when you make it a tag team sport, it’s hilarious!
Divide your guests into two teams and load up a party playlist of fun songs.
Here’s how to play:
- First team member starts singing the song.
- When you ring a bell (or clap your hands), they have to “tag” the next player, who picks up where they left off.
- The hard part: they have to do it without skipping a beat! It’s harder than it sounds!
You can either use a rented karaoke machine or download an app. If you go the app route, I recommend doing it on an iPad or larger tablet, so players can easily see the lyrics. You can also find plenty of karaoke songs on YouTube!
These are just a few of our favorite hilarious party games for teens!
Want to print these games to play later? Click here or the button below! Exlusive to all our newsletter subsribers.
Which one of these games are you going to try with your friends?
I gotta play that tape ballgame again!
Do you know of any other hilarious party games for teens we need to add to our list for playing indoors or outdoors?
Tell me all your favs in the comments!