Want to host an epic party game for teens? We’ve got you covered!
Check out fun things to do at a party for 13 year olds all the way to the best party games for teenagers 17+!
We’ll even tell you which board games for teenagers you need to keep on hand!
Playing hilarious party games with my friends is one of my fav memories, they make for such great photo ops and are fun to play indoors or outdoors!
If you need some inspiration for some fun games to play, I have you covered. I rounded up a few of my favorites.
These games are so easy to put together, just remember to have your camera ready!
All of these party games for teens can be played outdoors, but even better most of these party games can be played indoors!
Best Indoor Party Games for Teenagers
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links we will earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Party Games for 12 Year Olds
1. Catch the Candy
- Place a large bowl of brightly colored candy-coated candy in the center of the group. You could use M&M’s, Skittles or whatever your group likes.
- Each person has a straw and a cup.
- When the game starts, each person must transfer as many candies as they can to their cup.
- The catch is they MUST use only the straw. They cannot touch the candy with their hands.
- Once all the candy is gone, the person with the most candies in their cup is the winner.
2. Flying Like a Kite
Having a party happening outside?
Try one of my fav hilarious party games, this one is too funny!
- Attach kites to the back of baseball caps.
- Participants must put on the baseball caps and try to keep their kite in the air.
- For every time your kite hits the ground, you get a point.
- The person with the least amount of points at the end of the game wins!
- Set a timer for this game and play for a minute or two at a time!
3. Wear That
- For this game, fill a black garbage bag with silly clothing items and accessories, like bikinis, large boxers, feather boas and high heels.
- Then, have players take turns rolling a dice.
- If a player rolls a 1 or a 6, they must take an item from the bag and put it on over their clothing.
- Continue playing until all the items are removed from the bag.
- The winner is the player wearing the least number of items.
4. Commercial Birthday Game
- One player starts the game by choosing an item in the room, such as a pillow or remote control.
- Then, they must perform a 30-second commercial on that item.
- The game continues until everyone has had a turn.
5. Two Truths and One Lie
- As each guest arrives to the party, give them a 3-by-5 inch-index card and have them write down 3 facts about themselves, two true facts and one lie.
- After everyone has arrived, read aloud each guest’s facts and the other party guests need to figure out the lie.
Party Games for 13 Year Olds
6. Balloon Pop
This one you need a nice large space to play in.
- Blow up a balloon for each person.
- Using a piece of string, tie a balloon to the foot of each player keeping the string length short.
- When the game begins, participants must try to pop the other balloons without getting their balloons popped.
- The last person left with a balloon is the winner! Turn on some music for more of a dance party game vibe.
- This is definitely one of my favorite fun things to do at a birthday party for 13 year olds!
7. Giant Tape Ball
This game takes a bit of prep work but is well worth the effort to prep before the party. This has got to be one of my fav indoor party games for teens.
- Gather a bunch of little prizes such as glow sticks, candy, nail polish or other small presents. Anything that is made of paper roll in a piece of clear saran wrap first to keep the tape from sticking to it.
- Now use a roll of packing tape and start making a giant ball of tape, adding your goodies and presents to them as you go. I find it’s better to use clear tape, so you can see all the treats, but if all you have is colored tape, it will work.
- To start the game, you need a pair of dice and your tape ball.
- Take turns going around the circle and rolling the dice.
- The first person to roll doubles (both dice are the same number) gets a chance to start ripping into the tape ball.
- While they try to rip out prizes, the other players keep taking turns rolling the dice until someone else rolls doubles.
- Once a new double has been rolled, the new person now has a chance to rip the prizes out of the tape ball.
- The game ends when all of the prizes are ripped out of the ball!
This game can get hilarious, especially for a large group of teens. I can’t wait to get some more prizes to play again! You can also play this game with Saran Wrap, like in this video:
8. Would You Rather
This party game is hilarious to hear everyone’s responses. You never know what your friends will pick!
- Create a jar full of questions with each paper including a choice.
- The only rule is that participants must choose one of the options on their question.
Here are some examples of questions:
- Would you rather hang with Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez for 24 hours straight?
- Would you rather be able to change the past or see the future?
- Would you rather go without the internet or without a car for a month?
9. Gummy Bear Contest
- For this game, you will need to have one pie tin for each player.
- Place 10 gummy bears in the bottom of each pie tin and then cover with whipped cream.
- Then, have everyone place their hands behind their backs and on the word “Go,” players need to dive in and retrieve the gummy bears.
- The 1st person to get all 10 of their gummy bears is the winner.
Party Games for 14th Birthday
10. Truth or Dare
Truth or Dare has always been a huge hit at teen birthday parties. However, coming up with truth questions and dare ideas isn’t always easy.
Here are 50 truth questions and 50 dare ideas to help get you started!
11. Cup Knockdown
- Line up fifteen 16-ounce plastic cups along the edge of a table.
- One at a time, the players need to blow on the cups to try and knock them down.
- Each player needs to be timed and the player that knocks all 15 cups down the fastest is the game winner.
12. Wrap the Mummy
- Split up the party guests into groups of 3. One person from each group will be the mummy.
- Each group gets one full roll of toilet paper.
- Each of the group members must wrap their mummy, using all the toilet paper.
- The group who wraps their mummy the fastest, wins the game.
Party Games for 15th Birthday
13. Face the Oreo Cookie
This is a fun and hilarious game for teens to play.
- All you need for this game is some Oreo cookies.
- Each player places an Oreo cookie on their forehead.
- Then, they need to get the cookie into their mouth, using only facial expressions.
Charades will keep party guests entertained for a while. If you don’t know how to play charades, here are the rules.
Here are some Charades Topics for Teenagers and some Charades Ideas for Teenagers.
15. Museum Hunter
- For this game, you’ll need a very dark room.
- All of the players enter the dark room, except for one player, who stands outside the room.
- Those in the room stand still, like statutes, while the person outside the room counts to 20.
- The person then enters the room and tries to find the players.
Party Games for 16th Birthday
16. 16 Questions
Before the party, the birthday girl (or boy) makes a list of 16 questions about themselves, like what their favorite color is or what their favorite animal is. After the guests arrive, see who can get the most correct answers.
17. Sweet 16 Karaoke
[amazon fields=”B07J5Q4P38″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Karaoke Machine – Singsation All-In-One Karaoke System & Party Machine – Performer Speaker w/Bluetooth Microphone Sing Stand – No CDs! – Kids or Adults. YouTube your Favorite Karaoke Videos & Songs”]
Teens love to sing and they love karaoke even more.
- Choose a list of Sweet 16 songs, like Sweet Sixteen by Beyonce, Always Sixteen by Billy Ray Cyrus or Christine Sixteen by Kiss.
- Using a karaoke machine, have party guests sing the lyrics to the songs.
Party Games for Teenagers 17+
18. Have You Ever Game
This game is a great way for guests to get to know each other. Here is a huge list of Have You Ever Questions.
19. Spin the Bottle
Spin the Bottle is a popular coming-of-age party game that has been around since the 1920’s.
Here are the guidelines on How to Play Spin the Bottle. Just make sure that everyone is comfortable playing. This is a great way to enjoy this phase of your life and put your schoolwork on the back burner for some fun and relaxation. You may try to contact CustomWritings to get essays written for you by academic experts before you get to playing.
Best Board Games for Teenagers
[amazon fields=”B00D4NJSBW” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Karaoke Machine – Singsation All-In-One Karaoke System & Party Machine – Performer Speaker w/Bluetooth Microphone Sing Stand – No CDs! – Kids or Adults. YouTube your Favorite Karaoke Videos & Songs”]
Taboo is a fast-paced game, where you need to have your team guess the secret word, but you can’t give any obvious clues to help them out.
21. Time’s Up
[amazon fields=”B074JFP3C7″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Karaoke Machine – Singsation All-In-One Karaoke System & Party Machine – Performer Speaker w/Bluetooth Microphone Sing Stand – No CDs! – Kids or Adults. YouTube your Favorite Karaoke Videos & Songs”]
Time’s Up is a fun, competitive game, where players show how savvy they are in pop culture.
Players race against the clock to name books, movies and other pop culture categories.
[amazon fields=”B00005BY52″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Karaoke Machine – Singsation All-In-One Karaoke System & Party Machine – Performer Speaker w/Bluetooth Microphone Sing Stand – No CDs! – Kids or Adults. YouTube your Favorite Karaoke Videos & Songs”]
In the game Moods, players need to say phrases on the cards, while the other players have to try and guess the mood.
[amazon fields=”B010LAUDIM” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Karaoke Machine – Singsation All-In-One Karaoke System & Party Machine – Performer Speaker w/Bluetooth Microphone Sing Stand – No CDs! – Kids or Adults. YouTube your Favorite Karaoke Videos & Songs”]
Cranium is a game played in teams, featuring 4 categories- Creative Cat, Data Head, Star Performer and Word Worm. Players can showcase their talents, including acting, sketching, sleuthing and word play.
You might even try to play escape room games at home if you don’t like any of these options. Wow, after all those hilarious party games, you’re definitely going to be hungry! I think it’s safe to say that it’s time for cake, right?
48 thoughts on “23 Hilarious Indoor Party Games for Teens That Will Make Them ROFL”
Those are all fun ideas. I will have to try a few with my kids.
Great ideas! I will have to share this with my friends who have teens!
Hats off to you for coming up with a safe, fun, healthy party post for teens! We need more like it! Great job!
I’m sure my tween would love any of these ideas. She really loves playing Twister.
Teens are so quick to get bored so this a very useful list. We gotta try the Sponge Jenga. Sounds like fun.
Twister is a great fun game to play indoors. I will have to give Tin Can Bowling a try.
How fun! None of my kiddos are teens yet but this will come in so handy when that time comes!
I would have fun playing these. Twister and Limbo are such classics!
Those are old-fashioned! That makes me happy that they’re still fun to kids. They have been for me.
So, these work for adults too- I would love to play these games lol! Definitely love limbo!!
These are awesome ideas. My son is turning 16 next year and I want to throw him a party.
These all sound like a lot of fun for all ages!
I think I would like some of these! I can’t remember playing any party games growing up!
I have teenage boys who love playing game Since its the end of the year. I think I will host a party and use some of your tips.
I always loved doing trivia type games, and there are a lot of fun ones out there now. Even on your phones, there are apps you can all play together. Good ideas!
It is so funny that you mentioned Twister on your list- a friend and I were recently trying to explain that game to our kids and they looked at us like we had three heads lol! I don’t have teens yet, but I think younger ones may definitely enjoy some of these games, too, especially that one. Thanks for the ideas 🙂
Awesome ideas! Twister is a classic. We used to love playing games like charades or Balderdash too, because it would quickly degenerate into a crazy silly laughfest!
These are all great ideas. I bet it would be fun to watch them play the movie trivia game.
As a teen, we always played “Truth or Dare”. I know that game can go all types of ways, but it was fun back then.
These look like such awesome ideas! We haven’t hosted a party in awhile, but my teen would love that.
I have a hard time getting my teens to play games, but one they will participate in is called Phase 10 super fun, and very competitive 🙂
These all look like fun party ideas! Teenagers are an interesting bunch, and often like to sit around stating that they’re bored. These activities are a good way to get the excitement started.
As a teen I used to love movie trivia it was always fun with friends and cousins though I always wanted to do twist
Fun ideas for summer fun! We will have to give some of these a shot. I don’t know if sponge jenga would actually be quiet for a roomful of girls – the giggling will be considerable irrespective of the media!
What a wonderful idea! I need to do this with my teenage son and teenage nieces.
Great ideas for an indoor party! I think twister is still a hit with teenagers.
I should say these are games my friends and I love. Specially twister. Oh, and we’re 30 something young! Works for any age.
Trivia games are always fun and they’re great for adults and teens to play together!
We used to have water balloon fights in the summer. That was always a lot of fun!
I love Twister it is an all time classic. Do you know when it was invented? It is a game that all the family or teen and friends can play.
All those games sound like so much fun! My favorite one will be the Movie Quote Trivia 😀
I love all of these ideas! I don’t have teens yet, but I think these would all be enjoyable. I think that when I was a teen we played a lot of card games and watched a lot of movies.
The movie trivia one is a good one! I would have to study up on popular movies to even have a chance!
These are great ideas! My friends and I always loved playing board games as well!
That sponge Jenga sounds amazing! I bet my kids would absolutely love to play that! So fun!
I love that idea of sponge Jenga. Jenga is a favorite family game – all ages like it. But I have never heard of the sponge version. love it!
Great list. We re-create a version of win lose or draw and that has been a big hit.:)
Do I have to be a teenager to play?! Because movie quotes would be so much fun! Great list!
these are all great ideas fro our teenagers and tweens. Keeping them home and safe is ideal
I remember always wanting to play Twister when I was younger. Love it. These are all great games.
These seem like some great games for teens. My kids always love to play twister and I bet the sponge jenga is a blast! Good choices!
These are great ideas! I might have to use some at our next get together. I think adults would enjoy them too!
These are some great suggestions! I live in WNY where we are loyally trapped indoors so these will
Come in handy
These are all fun games. I can’t believe it’s only a few years till I’m the mom of a teen. She’s 10 now.
This sure sounds fun. And I think it goes to all, including adults too!
A great and fun game is to tie donuts on a string and then to a Broom handle and everyone must class hands behind back and eat away while they’re dangling. The 1st to devour their donut or mini donut wins. Great fun!
*clasp their hands. (Oops)
Comments are closed.