Looking for TV shows on Netflix that you can really binge on?
We’ve got you covered!
These 13 TV shows absolutely beg to be watched all the way through!
Trust me, I know! I just finished a marathon binge session of #7!
Related: 11 Powerful Tv Shows Like The Blacklist That will leave you speechless
13 TV shows on Netflix that beg to be binge watched
Affiliate links included below. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, binge watching is defined as, “to watch many or all episodes of (a TV series) in rapid succession.”
And Netflix is the place to do to your binge-watching.
So, put on your pajamas, make some snacks, curl up in your favorite blanket and get ready to watch some of these best TV shows on Netflix.
Better yet, throw a TV night party with your besties!
Many of these shows are even better when watched together.
FYI, many of these shows are also available as part of your Amazon Prime membership!
1- American Horror Story
American Horror Story is an anthology horror television series that has aired for 6 seasons so far on FX, with its premiere on October 5, 2011.
- Each season features different characters, settings and storylines.
- Cast includes Jessica Lange, Evan Peters, Dennis O’Hare and Taissa Farmiga.
- All of the seasons are available on both Netflix and Amazon Prime.
2- Being Mary Jane
Being Mary Jane is a drama televisions series that has aired for 4 seasons so far on BET, with its premiere on January 7, 2014.
- The series follows the professional and personal life of Mary Jane Paul (Gabrielle Union), a successful TV news anchor.
- You might recognize Gabrielle Union from such sleepover hits as Bring it On and 10 Things I Hate About You.
3- Breaking Bad
Breaking Bad is a crime drama television series that aired for 5 seasons on AMB, from 2008-2013.
- Walter White (Bryan Cranston) and his former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), produce and distribute crystal meth, to ensure White’s family is cared for after being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.
- Cranston also appears in Sneaky Pete, the hit Amazon Original!
4- Friday Night Lights
Friday Night Lights is a sports drama television series that aired for 5 seasons on NBC, from 2006-2011.
- It is based on the 1990 book of the same name by H.G. Bissinger and the 2004 movie of the same name.
- It focuses on the small community of Dillon, Texas and their high school football team.
- Cast members include Kyle Chandler, Connie Britton, Minka Kelly and Taylor Kitsch.
5- Gilmore Girls
Gilmore Girls is one of my all-time favorite shows to binge on. I’ve watched it straight through at least three times!
If you haven’t seen it, it’s a comedy drama television series that aired for 7 seasons on The WB & The CW, from 2000-2007.
- It showcases the friendships, romances and family issues of single mother Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham) and her daughter, Rory (Alexis Bledel).
- After you binge on the series, catch the revival, also on Netflix!
Haven is a supernatural drama television series that is loosely based on the 2005 book titled- The Colorado Kid- by Stephen King.
- It aired for 5 seasons on SYFY, from 2010-2015. Audrey Parker (Emily Rose), a former FBI Special Agent and current member of the Haven Police Department, and her partner, Nathan Wuornos (Lucas Bryant), deal with the town’s supernatural afflictions.
- If you like weird shows that make you think, you’ll love this one!
Another one of my favorites, Lost is a television series that features adventure, drama, mystery and sci-fi.
- It aired for 6 seasons on ABC, from 2004-2010. It follows the survivors of a plane that crashed on a mysterious island.
- Cast members include Matthew Fox, Josh Holloway, Evangeline Lilly and Terry O’Quinn.
- The ending ticked a lot of people off, myself included. If you’ve already watched it and left feeling upset, try binging on it again. It makes a bit more sense the second (or 3rd) time around!
Luther is a psychological crime drama television series that aired for 4 seasons on BBC One, from 2010-2015.
- Detective Chief Inspector, John Luther (Idris Elba), discovers that his dedication to his work is both a blessing and a curse.
- Idris Elba has a lot of award nominations under his belt! He was nominated four times for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film and five times for a Primetime Emmy Award.
9- Mad Men
Mad Men is a period drama television series that aired for 7 seasons on AMC, from 2007-2015.
- It centers on the personal and professional lives of employees of an advertising agency.
- Cast members include Jon Hamm, Elizabeth Moss and January Jones.
10- Peaky Blinders
Peaky Blinders is a crime drama television series that has aired for 3 seasons so far on BBC Two, with its premiere on September 12, 2013.
- It is based on the criminal gang, Peaky Blinders, during the latter part of the 19th century.
- It stars Cillian Murphy as Tommy Shelby, the gang’s leader.
Another one of my all-time favorites, Shameless is a comedy drama television series that has aired for 8 seasons so far on Showtime, premiering on January 9, 2011.
- It is a remake of the UK television series of the same name.
- It focuses on the dysfunctional Gallagher family, consisting of Frank (William H. Macy) and his 6 children.
Sons of Anarchy is a crime drama television series that aired for 7 seasons on FX, from 2008-2014.
- It showcases the lives of a tight-knit outlaw motorcycle club, specifically, Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam), the club’s president.
- Stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Mark Boone Junior.
13- The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead is a post-apocalyptic horror television series that has aired for 7 seasons so far on AMC, premiering on October 31, 2010.
- It is based on the comic book series of the same name.
- The series centers around Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and other survivors of a zombie apocalypse, as they try and adapt to their new surroundings.
That is one show you really need to watch straight through to catch all the little clues and connections.
Shameless is another favorite! I am anxiously awaiting season 9!
16 thoughts on “13 TV Shows on Netflix You’ll Want to Binge Watch”
We haven’t had a good binge watch in sometime. Several here you have chosen would work really well for binge watching. Have to stock up on food first, can’t stop to cook.
I have only seen threes of these shows so far…Gilmore Girls, The Walking Dead and Peaky Blinders…I need to up my Netflix game!! LOL!!
What a great list!! I have watched half of these, but the others are now on my must watch list! I LOVE NETFLIX
We enjoyed Luther but have not watched any of the others yet. Another I would recommend is The 100!
This is a great list. I would add Once Upon A Time and Baby Daddy to the list of most binge watch worthy shows on Netflix.
All these shows sound interesting. I’m on the last season of The vampire Diaries, I’d love to binge watch on Haven next.
OMG I haven’t watched being mary jane since it’s first season. It’s a lot to handle but Gabrielle does a phenomenal job with it!
One of my favorite shows is Gilmore Girls. I need to go back and start the series over as it has been years since I first viewed it.
Netflix was one of my stress reliever I love to watch on Netflix during this summer and I love these lists of movies.
Love to binge watch shows! You cannot go wrong with Gilmore Girls and Lost! Even though I have seen the show, it has been a while and seeing the episodes again would be fun!
I love the tv show Breaking Bad! I’ve also loved watching Friends and Orange is the New Black. I hope Netflix gets Everybody Loves Raymond!
You’ve names some great shows! I think Haven is my favorite because it’s not quite like anything else, but it seems to be an acquired taste. Some people just “don’t get it”.
Comments are closed.